Instructors | Phillip Sherd
I have been the head kids coach at Axis Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy on the Gold Coast for the past four years now and it gives me great pleasure to see all the children progress through the Gracie BJJ bully proof program.
As the Head kids coach and a parent myself I believe it is important that all kids should learn a martial art. Not only does it have a high level of fitness it also teaches the children respect and discipline which will help them in their life long journey.
I have been training with Jason Roebig at Axis Jiu Jitsu Academy for the past six years now and honestly I would not train anywhere else his knowledge and love for the sport is phenomenal and I believe that he is the best Jiu Jitsu coaches in Australia. Jason's classes are at such a high standard his details of the Gracie jujitsu connection are mind blowing and you're guaranteed to walk away having learnt something new every class.
Axis and Brazilian jiu Jitsu has change my life I have been in the Axis competition team for a number of years now some of my results over the past six years are:
- Rickson Gracie cup 2010 - bronze - Blue belt
- Melbourne International Open 2011 - Gold - Blue belt
- World Jiu Jitsu Pro Queensland trials 2011 - Bronze In weight division and Open weight
- World Jiu Jitsu Pro Queensland trials 2012 -Silver in Purple belt weight division & Bronze - In Open weight
- Multiple State titles as a Blue belt and as a Purple belt in both the weight & Open weight divisions from 2011 to 2013
- Rickson Gracie Cup 2013 - Gold - In weight division & Gold _ Open weight